It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to our school website. I hope you not only read through our information on the website, but also stop in and say hello. Learn about our ministry in Catholic education and become a supporting partner in our mission to freely teach Christian doctrine and provide a Christ-centered environment for the children and families in the Crestline area.
The parish community is committed to providing those of any faith with the opportunity to attend its Preschool and Kindergarten through Eighth grades.
As Principal, I am dedicated to Catholic education, and I am grateful to God for allowing me to serve as the keeper of the vision of St. Joseph School. I promise to always uphold the ideals and mission statement (above) with integrity.
I invite you to discover the valuable resource of Catholic education in Crestline. We are not only an educational institution, but a community of faith ... we not only teach history, but holiness ... we not only teach math, but also morality, and we not only educate ... but we enlighten.
Bring your child to an environment that is safe, disciplined and focused on the principles that develop a foundation for success in academics and adulthood.
If I can be of any assistance to you or your family in learning more about St. Joseph Catholic School and Preschool, contact me at 419-683-1284 or email@example.com.
In His Service,
Mrs. Carolyn Price, Principal
* 1860 - A two-room school was constructed.
* 1860 - 1893 - The school was mandated by the Sisters of Notre Dame.
* 1893 - The Sisters of St. Dominic NJ aided the Sisters of Notre Dame in educating the students.
* 1903 - The school was remodeled and a third classroom was added.
* 1908 - A new school building was begun.
* 1909 - The Sisters of St. Dominic withdrew themselves and the Sisters of Notre Dame returned.
* 1915 - A fourth classroom was added to the school building.
* 1941 - The Sisters of Notre Dame withdrew and the Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul offered their assistance.
* 1955 - The Sisters of St. Francis from Sylvania staffed the school.
* 1960 - The school over went extensive interior renovation, and the basement was converted in to two classrooms.
* 1961 - First lay teacher was employed, by the name of Florence Reinhard.
* 1970 - The Sisters moved their home, which was previously part of the school, to the south end of the building.
* 1977 - Ground breaking for the south school building commences.
* 1979 - The new school building was dedicated.
* 1987 - Preschool and kindergarten were added to St. Joseph's.
* 1992 - 1st and 2nd grades were separated.
* 1994 - 3rd and 4th grades were separated.
* 1998 - Last year of preschool.
* 2007 - Kindergarten was closed because there was a lack of students.
* 2008 - Kindergarten was reopened with 1st/2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Monica Gregg; 3rd & 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Connie Stanek; 5th & 6th teacher, Mrs. Mary Thompson; 7th & 8th teacher - Mr. Dan Salvati.